What we do:
• Curate arts public programs that integrate any number of genres, including literature, film, painting, photography, music, comedy, drama etc.
• Publish a monthly calendar of Arab/Middle Eastern events serving Southern California
• Edit a non-partisan monthly online magazine, called the Levantine Review
• Teach language classes, as well as music and dance instruction
• Outreach to mainstream and alternative media with more in-depth and often positive information about Arab/Muslim cultures
• Artist support that nurtures emerging talent
• Artist referrals for those organizing public or private events
• Public relations services for individuals/organizations with a product, service or message intended to reflect, or reach, a Middle Eastern constituency
• Intern program for high school and college students
• Middle East Speakers Bureau that helps groups and institutions bring more in-depth information to their audiences
• Cosponsor/coproduce with select community partners
JOIN OUR TEAM!!!
We are searching for a new Program Manager to help manage public arts and education programs, and work on increasing both contributed and earned income streams. Fundraising and organizing experience a must. For complete job description, email karin-at-levantinecenter.org or call 310.657.5511