PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards
PhotoPhilanthropy is an organization created to promote and connect photographers with non-profit organizations around the world to tell the stories that drive action for social change. We are proud to announce our annual PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards.
Contest entrants are invited to submit a photo essay that tells the story of a non-profit organization and its work.
All photo essays that are accepted in to the competition will be posted on the www.photophilanthropy.org website.
There are four different categories for submissions:
- Professional Photographer:Any individual who earns the majority of their income from photography and related activities.
- Amateur Photographer:Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
- Student Photographer: Any current student under 25 and with less than two years of professional work including internships.
- Community-based Photography: Given to a non-profit organization that teaches photography within a community and empowers the group to share their unique perspective through photography.
The PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards provide a platform for professional, amateur, student and community-based photographers to show photo essays designed to educate and engage people in a wide variety of social campaigns.
The Grand Prize winner in each category will be awarded with:
- Professional Photographer: $15,000 Grand Prize
- Amateur Photographer: $2000 Grand Prize
- Student Photographer: $1000 Grand Prize
- Community-based Photography: $2000 Grand Prize
Award submissions will be accepted from May 1, 2010 until October 1, 2010.
Award winners will be announced on November 14, 2010