Please apply by May 11th, 2018
Kaimera Productions is an NYC & Paris based interdisciplinary live arts company, with ongoing projects in five countries across the globe. Kaimera works to provide platforms for audiences to come together in dialogue and examine some of the hardest questions our global society faces, through performances and live experiences created collaboratively by experts in and outside of the arts.
The Producing Director must be independent, a self-starter who believes in Kaimera’s mission, values, and beliefs, and is excited to join us as a true creative and producing partner.
- Partner with Kaimera’s Co-Artistic Directors to ensure mission alignment in both artistic and financial company initiatives
- Work in partnership with Co-Artistic Directors to curate and produce all short and long-term domestic and international programming
- Promote the interests of the company and its projects to the performing arts community and build supportive industry connections
- Support Co-Artistic Directors in all marketing initiatives
- Whenever applicable, oversee and manage production-specific teams
- Work with Co-Artistic Directors to develop, and then manage and motivate Board of Directors
- Work closely with Managing Director to maintain organizational and show-specific business
- Work closely with Managing Director to support the management of accounts payable, contracts, negotiations and vendor relationships.
- Manage monthly production meetings
- Work closely with the Co-Artistic Directors and Managing Director in all financial matters, including overall fundraising strategy, goal setting, growth planning and the execution of plans
- Cultivate and solicit major gift and crowdfunding campaigns
- Take the lead on writing and researching foundation and government grants, residencies, and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Manage Kaimera’s annual fund, maintain a fundraising database/calendar and solicit and acknowledge gifts.
- Work closely with the Co-Artistic Directors and Managing Director on yearly budgeting and financial planning, including annual budgets, cash flow documents, and show-specific production budgets
- Work alongside Co-Artistic Directors to plan any fundraising and company-related special events
- Work with Co-Artistic Directors on ticket sales projections, goals and tracking
- Prepare and manage of all forms, letters, acknowledgements, and reporting as required for donations and grants
- Work with Co-Artistic Directors to cultivate show-specific sponsorships and partnerships
- Be a general good steward and community-facing leader of Kaimera as represented in the funding, funders, and philanthropic communities
- Work closely with Co-Artistic Directors on all producing matters
- Create a professional and supportive environment for all artists and team members involved in the productions
- Work with Co-Artistic Directors to produce programming from pre-production, rehearsal and technical periods, through the production run, strike and post-production follow-up
- Support Co-Artistic Directors on managing venue and rental relationships
- At least three years of professional producing experience
- Project management skills including budgeting, calendars, staffing and production
- An understanding of the international performing arts community
- The ability to work independently, as well as in collaboration with the company members and creative partners
- The ability to build strategic international partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (multiple languages are a plus!)
- A proven track record of raising funds and securing partnerships
- Strong writing skills (please share work samples)
Diversity is one of our core values.Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
12 month contract
Flexible – average of 7-10 hours per week
Honorarium: $5K – $7.5K Dependent on Experience.
Candidates can be based anywhere, though Paris or NYC are a plus. Most important is that the candidate wants to be an integral and engaged part of the Kaimera team.
Interested candidates please send the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter, outlining your interest
- Three references and contact information
- Writing samples, ideally including one or several grant proposals
Learn more about Kaimera at www.kaimeraproductions.com.