The Vilcek Foundation awards. Deadline June 15, 2015
Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm EDT, June 15, 2015. This year, The Vilcek Foundation will award three prizes of $50,000 each to young theatre professionals who demonstrate outstanding early achievement. Professionals in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
· Playwright and Book Writer
·Designer for sets, costumes, lights, projections/video, sound, and/or puppetry
· Composer and Lyricist
· Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
· Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2015 (born on or after January 1, 1977).
· Be a naturalized citizen of the United States;
· Or be a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States
· Or be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years;
· Or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
· Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
· Applicant must not be a past winner or finalist of the VilcekPrize for Creative Promise.