The 4th International Festival of Making Theater,
will be held in Athens, Greece,
July 6th – 13th 2008.
During a whole week of creative interaction, Theater Makers from different parts of the world will have the opportunity to share and get acquainted with new working methods and ideas, regarding the following three sectors: Acting, Movement and Voice.
Especially for this year Theater of Changes will host the following workshops:
- "Paths of Voice", Sophie Hutin ( France )
- "Inside Out – From realism and beyond", Sašo and Mojtina Jurcer ( Slovenia)
- "Connected Motion", David Barker (U.S.A. Arizona)
- "Freeing the natural voice" Francoise Walot (Belgium)
- "Writing with the Body – Suzuki Method and Physical Composition", Maria Porter (U.S.A. New York)
- "Dramatic Corporeal Mime – Acting through movement", Ivana Peranic (Croatia)
- "Voice through the Lens of Archetype", Leigh Wilson Smiley (Maryland U.S.A.)
- "Preparation", Giles Foreman (United Kingdom)
- "The journey to the heart of the actor-joy , absurd, nonsense, and folly. ", Moshe Malka (Israel)
- "Actor and the voice of his character", Marina Markovic (Serbia)
- "Giving body to a thought", Janaina Tupan – Sebastien Loesener ( Brazil – France)
- "The Physical Ensemble", Phillip Mackenzie (Australia)
- "Improvisation as a tool for acting and directing", Evdokimos Tsolakidis (Greece)
- "Problem, Process, Product, Performance – The 4 Ps of the Human Instrument", Lon Gordon (Illinois U.S.A.)
- "Dancing Qi Gong", Martina Morasso (Italy)
For more information visit www.toc.gr
The festival’s programme is the following:
Sunday July 6th
Monday July 7th – Friday July 11th
Workshops, Performances, Discussion.
Saturday July 12th
Excursion to Epidaurus
This year we will attend National Theatre's production of Aristophanes' "The Frogs"
Sunday July 13th
English will be the official language of the festival.
INVITATION for PARTICIPANTS
The Theater of Changes invites, actors, directors, drama school students, dancers, choreographers, singers, acting, voice and movement teachers and finally all those with a vivid interest in performing arts to attend the workshops of the 4th International Festival of Making Theater (In.F.o.Ma.T.), which will be held July 6th-13th, 2008, at the Theater of Changes, 19a 3is Septemvriou str, 104 32, Athens, Greece.
The selected participants will be divided into three groups.
All participants should send their Application Form until June 30th 2008 (once the Application Form is filled just press the "submit button").
Otherwise, you may submit it:
• By post: Theater of Changes 19A 3is Septemvriou str.
104 32 Athens Greece
• By Fax: +30 – 210 – 5246833 or
• By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Having sent the Application Form the selected participants will receive by email the pre-approval (including details concerning the payment procedure) of their participation to the Festival.
Final approvals will be made once fee payment is settled.
Since the number of the participants is limited, priority will be given to those applications received the earliest possible.
The cost of participation is*:
280€ for residents in Greece
220€ for Theater of Changes' students
160€ for residents outside of Greece
If the payment is done before May 31st the cost of participation is the following:
260€ for residents in Greece
200€ for Theater of Changes' students
140€ for residents outside of Greece
*It is noted that this amount covers ONLY the cost of the workshops and all other expenses are the participants’ responsibility.
Participants that need advice concerning hotels, air tickets e.t.c. or willing to travel to Epidaurus Sat. July 12th, please feel free to contact us.