TeatroStageFest – June 1-25
CELEBRATE the LATINO SCENE of NEW YORK at TeatroStageFest this June, recommended by The Huffington Post only yesterday as "…one of nine can't-miss arts and culture events happening across the country this summer!" (5/27/2012)
Entertaining theater, music and dance concerts, readings, master classes, puppetry and masks for kids.
Affordable fun for the entire family!
- 39 Defaults by Fifth Wall Theater: Come to Liz's apartment. Prepare for a voyeuristic experience in a living room, where two strangers wrestle with attraction and suspicion. He is a Spanish political activist and she hides a secret… In English.
- Muerte Súbita (Sudden Death) by Bridge Playhouse: Andrés is passionately writing his third novel and refuses to leave the abandoned building where he lives with his girlfriend Gloria until it is finished. His old friend Odiseo's unexpected arrival forces them to accept that sometimes destruction is necessary before creation can begin. With English super-titles.
- American Jornaleros by INTAR Theatre: On a street corner in Queens, day laborers waiting to be picked up for work collide with two citizen vigilantes fashioning themselves on the Minuteman Project; a collision that may lead to a better understanding of why both groups are standing on the same corner. In English.
- rasgos asiáticos/asian traces by Pregones Theater: a courageous portrayal of love between four generations of Mexican women and the historic confluence of China, Mexico and the U.S. In English.
- Pájaro (Bird) by Gallinero Culeko Two traveling men who meet on the open road are inspired by a bird's flight to build a machine that will lead them to a safer place. This comical show is performed in Clown style by two recent graduates of Escuela Nacional de Arte Teatral in Mexico City. No spoken word.
- The Coleman Family's Omission by Claudio Tolcachir. One of the most successful dark comedies to emerge from the vibrant theater movement in Buenos Aires that captures the unique ties and contradictions of the eccentric Coleman family. In English.
- The Golden Cacao Bean by Fantastic Experimental Latino Theater and Alita the Show by Solos2 Company – two TeatroStageFamily shows.
- Javier Moreno Trio gives new energy to the international Jazz vanguard, and Limón Dance Company's premiere of Come With Me, by renowned Brazilian choreographer Rodrigo Pedemeiras and Paquito D'Rivera, acclaimed Cuban composer/musician.
- Master Classes for Actors and Directors by groundbreaking director/playwrights from Argentina: Claudio Tolcachir and Matias Umpierrez.
For the full calendar of events, times/place of the shows, and ticket prices visit www.teatrostagefest.org
For more info: 212.695.4010
Karama Call for Entries 2012
Dear Collegues, Affiliates, Film makers and Karama Friends,
We would like to invite you to be part of Karama Human Rights Film Festival 3rd Edition 2012 organised by Ma3mal 612 Think Factory, by asking you to circulate the Karama Call for Entries across your networks and if possible your websites and/or your facebook pages. Please refer to our website listed below to send your films and entry application.
Appreciating your precious collaboration.
Karama Human Rights Film Festival