Program dates: September 27 – 30, 2013
Registrations accepted as space permits. PlayWorks Ink is already more than 50% full, so claim your spot today!
Theatre Alberta and Alberta Playwrights' Network will partner with The Banff Centre to present the 10th Edition of PlayWorks Ink featuring special guest Christopher Plummer during the Alberta Culture Days weekend.
This biennial theatre conference is focused on all aspects of theatre production from playwriting and performance creation to acting, directing, and technical theatre. PlayWorks Ink brings together the entirety of the Alberta Theatre Community: emerging artists, professionals, teachers, community theatre members, and students.
Workshops at PlayWorks Ink 2013 include :
- The Director's Experiment with Leah Cherniak
- Solo Performance Creation with Chris Craddock
- Facing the Rewrite with Robert O'Hara (Masterclass)
- Musical Theatre Scene Study with Kelly Robinson
- Playwright as Storyteller with Sharon Pollock
- Stage Management 202 with Donna Sharpe
Participants will be able to attend a special masterclass/lecture by Oscar Winner Christopher Plummer.
PlayWorks Ink will present a staged reading of the winner of the Alberta Playwriting Competition, Last Chance Leduc by Katherine Koller.
Above: Prairie Dog, Grass, Lake Louise and Winter. Painting by Jason Carter (www.jasoncarter.ca).