Performing Arts Training Today – Slovenia
"PERFORMING ARTS TRAINING TODAY"
International University "Global Theatre Experience" is inviting colleagues
to take part in the international performing arts conference in Slovenia.
A small number of places for FREE participation
in all events of the conference program are available on a competitive basis.
Accommodation and meals expenses: 150 EUR (if payment is made before April 5th). We shall provide you with accommodation in a hotel in twin room (three nights), two meals per day (breakfast and lunch), tea/coffee breaks. The conference will take place in Bovec, the mountain resort and the ancient alpine town located in north-western Slovenia in the Trenta valley of the Julian Alps.
PROGRAMME: workshops, performances, works in progress, readings and lectures by conference presenters from UK, Sweden, Russia and USA:
• "Psychophysical Training Through Movement Improvisation" – Workshop by John Britton – director, performer, writer and educator, Senior Lecturer in Performance at the University of Huddersfield (UK).
• "Performer's Physicality: Biomechanics (Meyerhold), Psychological gesture (M.Chekhov),
Physical action (Stanislavsky)" – Workshop by Sergei Ostrenko – theatre director and teacher (Russia).
• "Reflections on the total regeneration of a post high school, professional dancers training program" – Presentation by Fay Nenander – choreographer, teacher, Senior Advisor at The Ballet Academy Stockholm (Sweden).
• "Carnival Arts and Its Impact on Arts Education" – Presentation by Shabaka Thompson – cultural activist, social engineer, Director of the Yaa Asantewaa Arts and Community Centre, CEO of Carnival Village based in Notting Hill (UK).
• "Arts Education and the Disaffected Student" – Presentation by Annie Cornbleet – teacher, education consultant, expert in Creativity and the use of Arts Education, co-founder of CETTIE – Cultural Exchange Through Theatre In Education (UK).
• "Splendid Mummer" by Lonne Elder. A monodrama on the life of the outstanding Black actor: Ira Aldridge" – Presentation by Shango Baku – actor, writer, director, journalist, Artistic Director of CETTIE – Cultural Exchange Through Theatre In Education (UK).
• "Approaches to Movement-Based Theater" – Performance and lecture-demonstration by
Pal Bernstein – performer, instructor of physical theater, professor at Rutgers University (USA).
To apply, candidates should send a CV and a brief letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title, dates and location of the event.
PROGRAMME DETAILS: http://www.iugte.com/projects/theatre_conference.php
ACCOMMODATION and VENUE: http://www.iugte.com/projects/Bovec.venue.php
Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues and students.
We look forward to meeting you!
"Global Theatre Experience" (IUGTE)