ISPA's Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program will provide four early or mid-career leaders from the performing arts field access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals. Participants must be from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria, or Yemen.
ISPA will accept applications through October 10th, 2014.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world's most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals. Please be aware in considering your application that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market. This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the performing arts.
The Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program will engage four leaders working in the performing arts field. All participants should be interested in developing their career through an extended engagement with ISPA.
Selected applicants will receive:
- 2015 ISPA membership including access to all member benefits
- One full pass registration to the New York 2015 ISPA Congress,Dynamic Leadership: Creating the Future (January 12-15, 2015, which includes a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress [Download a copy of 2014 Seminar Day Program for reference])
- One full pass registration to the Malmö/Copenhagen 2015 ISPA Congress (May 25th – 30th, 2015 which includes a two-day arts management program)
- 4,570 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending both the New York 2015 and Malmö/Copenhagen 2015 Congresses
Pending a successful annual review, candidates will be eligible to participate for up to two more years.
In year two, participants will receive a full pass registration to the New York 2016 ISPA Congress (January 11-14, 2016, again including a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress), 2,400 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses in related to attending the Congress, and 2016 ISPA Membership. Pending another successful review, participants can participate again in 2017. In the third year participants will receive the same benefits as listed for year two of the program. Dates for the New York 2017 Congress will take place January 9th – 12th, 2017.
ISPA would like to thank the British Council for making this program possible.
Who Should Apply?
Performing arts professionals working in music who are deeply committed to advancing the field in a global context are most likely to benefit from the program. Those who take initiative in their professional development and enjoy engaging with a diverse group of individuals will be most successful in the program. Applicants should meet the following criteria listed below:
- Professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria, or Yemen;
- Currently working in the performing arts
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts
- Not currently a member of ISPA or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in the New York 2015 Congress (January 12 – 15, 2015) as well as the Malmö/Copenhagen 2015 Congress (May 25th – 30th, 2015)
Accepted Fellows should be prepared to complete a post-congress survey.
To apply to the Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program, you must first download the Application Instructions (PDF). These instructions contain:
- Program deadlines and criteria
- Digital application instructions
- Application questions so you may prepare your application in advance
- Information regarding the additional materials required in the digital application
Please note there is only one digital application for all Regional Fellowship programs. You will need to select "Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program" from the drop down menu at the start of the application to indicate which program you are applying for.
Applicants must apply via the digital application by October 10th, 2014 18:00 EDT. This deadline will not be extended, and late submissions will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of British Council and ISPA staff/board. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by November 30th, 2014.
There is no fee to submit an ISPA Fellowship application.
Learn about how you can help support ISPA Fellows in 2015.
Questions? Contact Nicole Merritt at email@example.com or 1212206 8490 x201