- A Solas, 3-8 September, Madrid: information in English, Español, Português
- Magdalena Sin Fronteras, 8-18 January 2014, Santa Clara, Cuba: information in English, Español, Português
- Trickster-p in Melbourne, 8-11 August, Australia
- Final Analysis, 8 August – 5 October, NYC
- Aphrodite and the Gods of Love with Helen Chadwick, 25 August, London
- XVII Masterclass de L'ARLECCHINO ERRANTE 2013, 31 August – 21 September, Italy
- Verdecoprente festival.01, 18-29 September, Italy
- Helen Chadwick on translating interviews and testimony into Song Theatre, lecture, 30 September, London
- Olives and Blood/Sombras de un Poeta en la Arboleda de Oliva, 23 Oct – 10 Nov, London
- Call for Women Performers, Brisbane, Australia
Magdalena Australia is a dynamic coalition of women working in Australian contemporary performing arts. An autonomous chapter of the international Magdalena Project, we are committed to raising awareness of the unique contributions women are making to the Australian cultural landscape.
Deadline: August 18, 3013.
Outcomes notified by August 27, 2013.
(in)Visible Women is a performance opportunity to highlight and celebrate diversity of practice and the talent of female
creative artists in Brisbane.
When: Friday 27 September, 7-9pm
Where: Vulcana’s performance space at the Stores, Brisbane Powerhouse.
What: Acts of up to 10 minutes (maximum) that can be set up and taken down within 5 minutes.
(Note: the space lends itself to “poor theatre” rather than elaborate sets.)
Why: A group of women artists noticed that women performers were poorly represented in local media even though they are present in many productions. To celebrate the multitude of voices and practices that are currently taking place in Brisbane, we decided to showcase women artists in a special event that coincides with the Brisbane Festival.
To apply: Send us a 300-word pitch describing what you’d like to do, or send us a link to your video or photographs.
Performances can be as short as 30 seconds but must be no longer than 10 minutes. Video or photographic installations for the walls are also welcome.
If you aren’t a performer but would like to volunteer to help on the night, we’d also love to hear from you.
Send your pitch to Celia White email@example.com
- Women Playwrights International Conference 2015, submissions deadline, 1 Dec 2013
- Moving borders: nomadic subjectivity and interstitial spaces within The Magdalena Project – doctoral thesis by Marisa Naspolini