Spaces for Theatre, Spaces of Theatre to be held at Ninasam, Heggodu, Karnataka from
14th – 18th March 2012
Online registration for the seminar will begin on 5th January 2012
We are delighted to announce that registration for the second theatre seminar by the India Theatre Forum is now open.
The seminar will be from from 14th – 18th March at NINASAM, Heggodu, Shimoga District, Karnataka, India.
The theme of this year’s seminar is ‘SPACES FOR THEATRE, SPACES OF THEATRE’
Over the last decade, theatre practitioners and groups across the country have been building and planning their own spaces – and more recently, the government has developed important schemes dealing with theatre spaces. It is in this context that the India Theatre Forum proposes to hold an international seminar on the subject of Spaces. The seminar will bring together about 150 theatre practitioners, scholars, critics, architects, designers, urban planners, social scientists and scientists over 5 days to consider the various dimensions of the spaces and processes of Indian theatre. The overall theme of ‘Spaces of Theatre, Spaces for Theatre’ will be addressed in a wider and holistic manner – referring not just to the physical spaces involved in the act of theatre but various kinds of ‘spacialities’ involved in the processes of theatre practice. A gamut of related topics will be covered, ranging from the relationship of performing bodies to space, to the actual physical spaces of performance, to the politics of the spaces in society, to the new virtual spaces opening up and to the future of Spaces. There will also be One-on-One discussions and Open Forums. A more detailed write up on the seminar, the schedule and the list of participants is here.
Please click here to register for the seminar. We will respond to your registration request before end of January 2012.
If you are unable to open the link directly, please copy and paste the link below into your browser: http://theatreforum.in/m/itf-core/?tab=meetings&object_id=8&innertab=register
Now here's the fine print — which we strongly advise you to read!
- All delegates must be present for all 5 days of the seminar
- There is a registration fee of Rs.1500/- which will be collected upon your arrival at Ninasam.
- The registration amount will cover basic accommodation, local travel, food and seminar participation for all 5 days. It will, however, not cover travel to and from Ninasam, Heggodu which all delegates must arrange for on their own.
- If you feel you cannot afford the registration amount, please get in touch with us – furnishing your reasons.
- The seminar will be in English with possibilities of translation services. Please let us know what language(s) you are conversant in.
- The venue can accommodate a limited number of people only. For maximum possible participation, accommodation will be arranged on room-sharing basis.
ITF will try its best to get the word out to the largest number of people possible, but do help us spread the word amongst all your friends online and OFFLINE! Please note once again that there are limited seats only, so please let people know that they should send in their registration requests as early as possible.
With warm wishes for a wonderful new year!
India Theatre Forum Office
And do keep a look out on www.theatreforum.in