hotINK at the LARK
new plays from around the world
March 24-28, 2011
at the Lark Play Development Center
hotINK is an international play reading series, previously presented by Tisch School of the Arts at NYU, that has introduced plays from Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Japan, Libya, Mexico, Morocco, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The Netherlands, the U.K., the U.S. and Wales.
Previous festivals have also featured the work of U.S. playwrights Rinne Groff, Eduardo Machado, David Mamet, Heather McDonald, Chiori Miyagawa, Itamar Moses, Keith Reddin and Mac Wellman, as well as such distinguished actors and directors as Reed Birney, Bill Camp, Gisela Cardenas, Kathleen Chalfant, Trip Cullman, Liz Diamond, Mireille Enos, Giancarlo Esposito, Joe Grifasi, Jason Butler Harner, Jessica Hecht, Jayne Houdyshell, Marin Ireland, Ken Leung, Robert Lyons, Davis McCallum, Joanna Merlin, Haley Joel Osment, Andy Paris, Larry Pine, Jay O. Sanders, Henry Stram, Michael Stuhlbarg, Ray Anthony Thomas, Daniella Topol and Liesl Tommy.
The new, upcoming hotINK Festival will present work by 8-10 playwrights from outside the United States in readings at the Lark Play Development Center, March 24-28, 2010. Each play will be presented once, following approximately six to eight hours of rehearsal with outstanding New York director and actors. Readings are attended by fellow playwrights, literary managers, producers, artistic directors, translators, dramaturgs, scholars, journalists, educators, students and New York theatre audiences.
· Submission deadline: November 7, 2010.
· Full-length plays in English from any country outside the U.S. that have not had productions in the U.S. are welcome. We are currently unable to consider musicals. We can only accept one play from each author.
· Include in your submission: contact information, a short narrative bio and a cast of characters, each briefly described.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please email scripts and supporting materials in one PDF or Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· If electronic submission is not possible, please mail scripts and all supporting materials,postmarked by November 7th, 2010, to:
Department of Drama
Tisch School of the Arts
721 Broadway 3rd floor
New York, NY 10003
· Please be advised that materials will not be returned. Selected playwrights will be contacted byearly January, 2011.
· hotINK cannot cover the cost of travel or housing for playwrights. However, we will work with selected writers to seek and apply for travel funding.
For more information, contact hotINK festival director Catherine Coray at email@example.com.