ReOrient Festival Submissions Deadline Extended to May 1, 2014.
The ReOrient Festival of Short Plays was inaugurated in 1999 to present alternative perspectives of the Middle East, showcasing the diversity of artistic voices and styles from the region, and gathering various segments of the community together for an evening of distinctive – yet shared – narratives.
- Plays by playwrights of Middle Eastern heritage writing about any topic
- Playwrights of all backgrounds writing about the Middle East
- Plays must be written in English
- 10-30 minutes long
Thematic Areas of Interest
- Comedies of all sorts, particularly political satire
- Adaptations of classical texts and/or historical figures
- Exploration of Middle Eastern performance traditions
- Experiments with non-realistic forms
Submission Guidelines: Please email play, resume & cover letter to GTPSubmissions@gmail.com. Specify ReOrient Festival in the subject line.
Founding Artistic Director
The Fifth String: Ziryab's Passage to Cordoba
By Torange Yeghiazarian created in collaboration with the ensemble
Featuring original music by Faraz Minooei and design by Mokhtar Paki
May 2-4 at the Islamic Cultural Center, Oakland
May 15-18 at Brava Theatre Center, San Francisco