This is a worldwide open call for nominations of performing arts ensembles in all disciplines (dance, music, theater, multidisciplinary) fromAlgeria, Egypt, Kenya, and Tanzania for tours to the U.S. with Center Stage. Four to six individual month-long tours will take place during the period of June to December of 2016.
Deadline: October 20, 2014
Artist Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate high artistic quality and accomplishment.
- Have an interest in engaging with U.S. communities, including youth, through public and in-school performances, workshops, discussions, artist-to-artist exchanges, and social events.
- Are comprised of two to nine ensemble members (artists and staff) living in one of the countries listed above.
- Have previous touring experience but have rarely been seen in the U.S.
- Have an ability to communicate electronically via email and/or Skype, and a working knowledge of English and/or access to translators.
Nominations may be submitted by any individual or organization knowledgeable about performing arts ensembles in these four countries including, but not limited to artists and their representatives, presenters, arts organizations, public agencies, and U.S. embassy personnel. Interested performing arts ensembles may also nominate themselves. Nominations of ensembles working in contemporary forms are strongly encouraged.