3rd Kulture Kids (www.3rdkulturekids.com) is pleased to announce a general call for submissions of new full-length plays by writers defining themselves and/or exploring themes related to the “third culture kids” culture (i.e. having grown up in a different culture then that of parents and/or having lived in various countries; making it hard to identify their own individual culture). Submissions will be considered for the upcoming In Transit annual reading series in Spring 2013, as well as possible future productions.
- We are accepting full-length plays previously unproduced in New York City
- We are interested in the various perspectives of writers belonging to the third culture generation and/or stories related to those themes: such as immigration, exile, identity, belonging etc..
- Please include the following with each submission: a bio and/or resume, production or development history if applicable.
- Open to potential existing relationship with a director or actor(s).
- The deadline for submissions is December 30th, 2012. Scripts can be sent by email to email@example.com