Applications are Open for the Second Term
After a very successful first year, we are happy to announce that applications for second term of Peace Projects Grant Program is open again.
Acknowledging the critical importance of supporting peacebuilding and conflict resolution initiatives, JWF is soliciting creative and innovative projects that aim to prevent and constructively respond to conflicts around the world.
Funding Your Projects!
Peace Projects will provide funds for projects up to US$50,000.
Who can Apply?
Non-profit organizations and individuals (including but not limited to academicians, activists, artists, community organizers, educators, filmmakers, journalists, scholars, social workers, and students) from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Which Projects are Eligible?
Peace Projects will award projects from a broad range of disciplines, skills and approaches promoting peaceful coexistence and peacebuilding. Some of the possible themes include :
- Inter-communal and inter-state dialogue/cooperation
- Peace education
- Pluralism and multiculturalism
- Youth, conflict and peacebuilding
- Early warning and conflict prevention
- Mediation and negotiation
- Post-conflict reconciliation
- Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration
- Good governance, rule of law and transitional justice
- Poverty reduction, development and peacebuilding
- Gender equality and empowerment.
Exhibition of Completed Projects
Posters of completed projects will be exhibited and evaluated by a jury at the Award Ceremony.
Best Implementation Award
The most successfully implemented projects will receive additional rewards of up to US$30,000.
Please refer to the Request for Proposals document for details.
The deadline for project proposals is September 30, 2014!
Please visit http://peaceprojects.net/ for more details.