TEH is in solidarity with Ukraine and would like to express our support to our members, partners, peers and friends in the country.
We are deeply troubled by the news from Ukraine and are concerned for the well-being and safety of the staff of our member centres there: IZOLYATSIA, ReZavod, Jam Factory Art Center and Dnipro Center for Contemporary Culture. We condemn Putin’s regime for bringing despair, tragedy and pain to a peaceful nation. At TEH we believe that Ukraine is an independent country with its own cultural heritage, language, mentality, history and territory. Nothing can justify Russian occupation and aggression against this nation.
It pains us to see our Ukrainian colleagues forced to flee with their families, abandon their work and homes, being scared for the well-being of their loved ones and having to leave their peaceful lives to join the army. This cannot be happening and we urge the wider European community, our colleagues, partners and peers to SPEAK UP, PROTEST and DEMAND their local MPs to take action!
We, as a community of grass-roots cultural and creative professionals, do not justify violence of any form and see human life as the greatest value. We cannot stand aside while our colleagues in Ukraine are being thrown out of their homes and have to fight for their lives. That is why we commit to come with an action plan to support our peers in need and help them go through this crisis.
What can you do now?
We are starting to look into possible resources and opportunities within our network. For the time being, we have made a list of suggestions that can be done now to support Ukraine.
1. Donate money to humanitarian organisations/ initiatives
We prepared a list of initiatives and funds where you can donate money to support Ukrainian civilian society. If you know of any other relatable campaigns, please let us know at email@example.com:
kyivindependent-launch – an independent media from Ukrain covering the events needs financial support to continue working
- https://redcross.org.ua/donate – Red Cross Office in Ukraine / a world-known organisation that does a lot of humanitarian work, from helping refugees to training doctors.
- https://novaukraine.org – a non-profit organisation that provides citizens with everything they need in the time of crisis, from baby food and hygiene products to clothing and household items.
- https://vostok-sos.org/en/ – a non-governmental organisation that provides humantarian, psychological help and shelter for internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- https://voices.org.ua/en – a charity organisation that helps children to recover from psychological traumas of war.
- https://www.care.org – a global charity organisation that supports most vulnerable groups. They have launched a campaign for Ukraine.
2. TEH Solidarity Fund
TEH has launched now its own TEH Solidarity Fund. We will use this fund to collect money to help our members and their families in need. We will share what the money is being used to with the network on regular basis and make sure there is full transparency about it.
You can donate to our fund if you want to support our members-in-need and the effort we are doing to show solidarity with artist under threat.