4th STAGE International Script Competition for Plays about Science & Technology
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA’S 4th ROUND OF THE STAGE INTERNATIONAL SCRIPT
$10,000 PRIZE TO BE GIVEN FOR THE BEST NEW PLAY ABOUT SCIENCE AND
Submitted plays must explore scientific and/or technological stories,
themes, issues or events. Multi-media theatre pieces, non-traditional plays
and new forms are encouraged.
Current STAGE judges are Pulitzer, Tony, Olivier & Nobel-winning judges
David Auburn, John Guare, David Lindsay-Abaire, Sir Anthony Leggett & Dr.
The winner of the Scientists, Technologists and Artists Generating
Exploration (STAGE) Competition will receive a $10,000 USD prize, along
with possible opportunities for developing and promoting the winning
THE DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 15, 2009. For guidelines, an entry form and all
details, please visit: www.stage.cnsi.ucsb.edu.
For a press release:
STAGE is a unique collaboration between the Professional Artists Lab – a
dynamic artistic laboratory – and the California NanoSystems Institute – an
esteemed science institute – both housed at the University of California,
S T A G E = Scientists, Technologists and Artists Generating Exploration
STAGE endeavors to:
– foster new and imaginative voices and methods of storytelling;
– catalyze the development of art that depicts the technological age in
which we live;
– cultivate appreciation and collaboration between the two cultures of
science and art;
– promote understanding of the sciences in the public arena;
– accomplish all of the above within an international community.
To download the STAGE poster: www.stage.cnsi.ucsb.edu/about/poster.pdf